Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hello

Hello,

This is my Blog! Welcome to my page!

My name is Theresa Callaway. I am 21 years old and currently a senior at The University of Texas at Austin. This is my second year in Austin, so adjusting to everything has been pretty exciting. I transferred in from out of Missouri with my Associate of Arts degree at the start of 2012. I really wanted to spread my wings and live independently away from home, so even though I got accepted to other Journalism schools, I decided to go to UT. It was a great honor getting into UT, considering how well known and prestigious this university is.

Currently, as I attend school, I am pursuing a Bachelor's in Journalism with a minor in German. I have previously worked on campus last semester as a Student Associate in the Executive Vice Provost and Provost Office in the Academic Personnel Services Department while going to school full-time. I love writing and my curiosity keeps me eager to find new stories to share with everyone. Because of this, I will hopefully be interning at a Magazine or Newspaper during my time at UT, and I will also try to work with The Daily Texan, student run school newspaper. Currently I write for Orange Magazine, which is an online student newspaper here at UT. I aspire that while working with the school newspaper this summer I will gain the extra experience needed to get more of a hands-on experience with being a Journalist.

As for the skills that I have, I have experience in the following areas listed below. I believe that in order to become a successful and experienced Journalist it is most beneficial to be well-rounded in many different forms of Journalism.

Audio/Video/Photo Editing Software
Audacity
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Adobe Bridge CS6
Adobe Premiere CS6
Soundslides
Final Cut Pro

Webpage Development
HTML
HTML5
CSS

Web Browser
Internet Explorer
Google Chrome
Mozilla Foxfire

Operating Systems 
Linux/Ubuntu
Apple Mac OS
Microsoft Windows OS

Clerical Skills
Photocopying
Database Management
Filing/Logging
Scanning

Programs
Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel,Outlook, Access)








Contact Information
E-mail: tcallawa11[at]utexas.edu
Facebook: theresa.callaway.568
Twitter: @tcal92

No comments:

Post a Comment